Monday, January 8, 2007

#5 (aka: Surprise!)

I got two surprises today that changed my whole outlook on the rest of my senior year.

Number One: The results of the MCAS (Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System) test came back today, and every one of the five or six people who took the test the day that I did, passed. Including me! Woot! Who's the rock star? Oh, right now, I definitely am!

Number Two: (on a calmer note) I got an email from one of my cousins today, on the topic of my presentation in English today (see previous posting for more details), and in it I found some things out about him that I didn't expect at all. Shows how well I know my own relatives, I guess. I just didn't think anybody in my biological family really cared about my Transgender identity. But I'm glad to have been proven wrong. Check it out:

i just wanted to let you know that i support you with your...transgenderness? forgive me i don't really know what you call your decision. I just heard you say today that you dont get a whole lot of support from the fam. and i just wanted to make sure you knew you've got my support, even if you haven't got the rest of the family to back you.

No comments: