Wednesday, February 28, 2007

#32 (aka: New poem)

a poem for my stepbrother (currently untitled)

As soon as you say those words,
I forgive you
I know that he influences you
in bad ways to do bad things
I know that he means those hateful words,
but you don't
not you
Not my sweet stepbrother
with your darling eyes of blue
and your scruffy blonde hair,
and your skinny, constantly-growing-taller body
that I used to give piggy-back rides to
when you were still a young boy

I don't need to hear your apology
to know that you don't agree with him
to know that you don't really understand
You're better than him
because you don't have an angry like mine
on your mother's side of the family

You're better than him
because of who your mother is
and who her closest sister is
and who our family friends are
and because of who I am
and who I see
that you are, too

No comments: