Saturday, February 3, 2007

#18 (aka: Busy E)

I am going to be one busy Transguy this next week. Today, at 11:30, I am meeting with a student from Yale University School of Nursing to have an interview with her about Transgender Health Care (or, lack thereof). And I'm getting paid for it... that's always a plus. ;-D

Moving right along, there's church tomorrow and then school, and next Friday a few of my fellow Chorus members and I are singing an arrangement of the Beatles song "Golden Slumbers" at our instructor's birthday party in a church at Smith College in Northampton. The next day, the 10th, I'm going to be back in Northampton to a) meet up with my new Transdude friend Bet and b) to attend what is being called a Transgender Town Hall Meeting, where we'll be discussing the new anti-discrimination law for people of gender-variance in Massachusetts, which our brilliant (and Democratic and liberal) new governor Deval Patrick has stated he wants to pass. There are supposedly going to be some representatives from the legislature there to answer our questions and such, and those of us who want to will be able to speak on behalf of ourselves and our Trans friends, who really want this act to be signed into law, as well. It's time for us Transgender folk to make change not only in our individual communities, but all throughout the state. And I feel privileged to be alive to see this change happening.

But, all the hustle and bustle does not stop at the end of this week. On the weekend of February 23, there's a small chance that I may be performing with Athens Boys Choir. ABC (in case you forgot, or haven't seen my post about him on Little Bits) is a spoken word poet out of Georgia whom I met over the summer, and who helped me out when I sent him some interview questions for my senior project. In short, he's a pretty cool Trannyboy.

In the second week of March (if my school's principal doesn't give me a hard time about it) a couple of my Transbrothers (and one of their girlfriends) are going to come speak with me in a presentation for my senior project in English class. The three of them are going to be staying for 2 or 3 days at my mom's house, so that should be fun. I don't get to see them a lot (well, they do live in Georgia, after all), and "a lot" is an understatement because I haven't seen either of them in almost a year (since the True Colors Conference last year), and I've never met the girlfriend, but I've heard wonderful things about her.

And speaking of True Colors... the week after my T-bros come from Georgia to speak with me, TCC 2007 happens. Which reminds me, I need to figure out exactly what I'm going to say. (Peterson, we really do need to talk about this. Your man Elliot here needs some serious mentoring on the subject).

So, if I'm not able to post long entries like this for a while, I'm sorry. But at least you'll know why!

No comments: