Friday, July 20, 2007

#47 (aka: Big steps for Mom)

I'm so proud of my mom.

Last weekend, we were at Borders, and she was looking for this specific book on trans people (True Selves by Mildred L. Brown and Chloe Ann Rounsley). Turns out, they didn't have it (big surprise -- they had a queer section the size of a pinhead). But, she ended up ordering it.

Well, Borders called earlier this week to tell her the book had come in. And tonight we went out for dinner (mmmm, manicotti) and then to Borders, where we picked up the book and then drove back home. During the ride back, I read the Prelude, the Introduction and part of Chapter 1 to her, and she seemed really interested. It's very well written, as far as I can tell. Kudos to Brown and Rounsley. ;)

My mother has consistently been the more understanding parent. Her interest in further learning about what I'm going through with the purpose to show her support and love for me makes me think that things are going to be okay between us.

2 comments:

Peterson Toscano said...

very very cool. I like your mom and she's a GREAT cook!

Elliot Coale said...

:D Thanks. I'll make sure to pass that message on to her.

You should come up to the house again sometime. We'll cook something good for you again.