Friday, May 11, 2007

#44 (aka: Good stuff)

There very well may be more ranting later tonight, but for now, here is some good news:

- The Greater Boston PFLAG Pride and Passion Party last Saturday went really well. It was a lot of fun, getting to meet the four other Elsie Frank scholarship winners and Pam Garramone (the executive director of GBPFLAG), as well as being in the presence of Congressman Barney Frank (Elsie's son, it turns out!). What was weird about it was that all these people knew who I was long before I even learned their names. Strangestrangestrange, 'cause I didn't even have to submit a photo with the scholarship application!

- Tomorrow is Mass. Youth Pride 2007. I'm going with a friend on the planning committee for the Pride, so I get to see all the behind-the-scenes action that I wouldn't have gotten to view otherwise. There are a couple of great (apparently Queer) Boston (and surrounding area) bands coming to play, and Amanda Palmer from the awesome self-proclaimed "Brechtian punk cabaret" band The Dresden Dolls is being awarded by students from her high school (she is actually from Massachusetts) at the Pride. She's awesome. Hopefully, since she gets to be backstage, and I get to be backstage (because of the scholarship announcement), I'll get to meet her. And while I'm not /really/ a fan-boi, it would kind of be an honor to meet her since I respect her so much.

Anyway, I hope y'all are well.

2 comments:

Alex Resare said...

Just wanted to say that I miss you and that I hope your summer is great.

dominic vine of the owls said...

Hello Elliot
i've followed you over here from LJ and i'm just double posting to make sure you get this :

i'm trying to finish up the 50 words book project

which we would like to include you in
but we need your permission

if you would or would not like to be in the book
please tell me in comments to my post here:

http://waltzingtree.livejournal.com/217866.html